Search is central to so many aspects of education, work and life in general. Encouraging learners to reflect on how and why they search can be useful for them at any age. This lesson also encourages learners to be critical about the content they find. Through listening, reading and speaking about search, learners will naturally be developing and practising related vocabulary.
- Secondary and adult
- B1 to C2
- 45–60 minute lesson
- to practise integrated skills in the context of a search task
- to develop vocabulary related to search.
- to develop skills to search effectively
- to think about reliability of online sources.
- PC, laptop or tablet for the teacher and each group of learners
- interactive whiteboard (IWB) or projector
- internet access