Differentiating activities to support and challenge learners
Create differentiated vocabulary practice materials quickly and easily for use in class or for homework.
This lesson will introduce learners to the vocabulary of English school facilities. They will encounter the vocabulary in a short reading text and focus on meaning prior to reading for detail. The lesson will conclude with the learners using the vocabulary to discuss a language school of their own design in order to practise vocabulary.
You’ll also find a simple procedure at the end of this lesson plan to help you create a similar lesson for a text to suit your learners.
- Secondary 13+
- A2 - Any
- 45–60-minute lesson
- Core: all learners will be able to recognise the vocabulary of school facilities and understand the items when they are used in context.
- Core+: most learners will be able to recognise the vocabulary of school facilities and use the items correctly in the appropriate context.
- Challenge: some learners will be able to distinguish between the vocabulary of school facilities and distractors, and use the target language flexibly in the appropriate context.
- PCs or mobile devices for the teacher and all learners/groups of learners
- Internet access
- Projector or IWB (Interactive Whiteboard) if you wish to display content to the whole class
- Quizlet account