This lesson will introduce learners to the vocabulary of English school facilities. They will encounter the vocabulary in a short reading text and focus on meaning prior to reading for detail. The lesson will conclude with the learners using the vocabulary to discuss a language school of their own design in order to practise vocabulary.
You’ll also find a simple procedure at the end of this lesson plan to help you create a similar lesson for a text to suit your learners.
- Secondary 13+
- A2 - Any
- 45–60-minute lesson
- Core: all learners will be able to recognise the vocabulary of school facilities and understand the items when they are used in context.
- Core+: most learners will be able to recognise the vocabulary of school facilities and use the items correctly in the appropriate context.
- Challenge: some learners will be able to distinguish between the vocabulary of school facilities and distractors, and use the target language flexibly in the appropriate context.
- PCs or mobile devices for the teacher and all learners/groups of learners
- Internet access
- Projector or IWB (Interactive Whiteboard) if you wish to display content to the whole class
- Quizlet account